WELCOME TO HOTEL GOOILAND
The paint is dry, the beds are firmly in place and the bar is stocked up. After a few months of burning the midnight oil, we’ve got Hotel Gooiland in tip-top shape for a new future. We’re not afraid to say that we are immensely proud of the result. Obviously we’re spoilt with this building - possibly the most beautiful one in Hilversum. The Gooiland property, designed by architect Jan Duiker, is the calling card of contemporary architecture in the Netherlands: straight lines, modern pragmatism, light and airy, luxurious in an understated way. Don’t worry, it’s not bleak. It’s sophisticated and hip. You’ll be nice and warm under our duvets from Hema: super Dutch and of simple old-school quality. And that goes for all the Dutch brand names you’ll find in our hotel. We like to give things a little twist, so in your bathroom you’ll find condoms as well as shower caps. Welcome to Hotel Gooiland, the first Dutch Brand Hotel in the Netherlands.
- Your room is part of a so-called Young National Monument. It’s not as young as our new managing director, though, because Philip is only 27! He’s the youngest hotel manager in the Netherlands. That, too, makes us quietly proud.
- You’ll be staying in the heart of Hilversum, Media City. Okay, we’re not a metropolis, but the Gooiland district is a happening place with lots of bars and sidewalk cafes. And Amsterdam or Utrecht are only 20 minutes away.
- Our comfortable rooms (like the ‘Hilversum 3-Herman van Veen’ family room) have Auping beds, Hema linens and a Philips TV. We believe in Dutch brands and in established home-grown quality. Our grandmothers were right: just stick to what you know, that’s crazy enough.
- What would a hotel be without suites? Ours are nice and spacious and have baths surrounded by a wall of plants. Hey, you are staying in the Garden of Amsterdam after all…
- A conference, a meeting, a party? Our theatre and our events location, close to the hotel, are ready for you. And if you want to clear your head after a day of brainstorming, the famous Nature Reserve is just around the corner. Don’t tell anyone, but in August the heath is dark purple and of a poignant beauty.
We offer 46 standard rooms (funny word really, ‘standard’, because we think they are quite special), 4 rooms for three, 2 family rooms and 4 suites. The rooms are decorated in the same way as the rest of the hotel: neat and businesslike, modern and dynamic, completely in line with architect Jan Duiker’s design, style and philosophy.
Are you planning to organise an event? Here’s what you can expect if you let us organise your event for you. First we would list all your wishes and ideas. We would cordially invite you to come and see everything for yourself, without any obligations. We would discuss your ideas in an informal chat so we’d get a clear picture of what you have in mind. Then you’d receive our quotation - free of engagement - listing your wishes, our advice, and a number of options for completing your event.
The ideal place for an evening of fun. Many well-known Dutch actors and comedians perform here regularly - Tineke Schouten, Ali B, Niels Geusebroek, Lenette van Dongen, and lots of others. The planning for the next few months promises many wonderful shows.
- GOOD SERVICE
- BEST PRICE GUARANTEE
- 20% DISCOUNT ON ONE BREAKFAST
- SITUATED IN RADIO TOWN HILVERSUM
- EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE AUPING BEDS